Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, October 19, 2009

International Fall Quilt Market Houston 2009 & Meeting Susan Brubaker Knapp

Susan Brubaker Knapp has a new book, "applique petal party" and I was fortunate enough to meet Susan. We were sitting next to one another at the Hilton working on our blogs. She has wonderful photos from Market and she also stayed for the festival....don't miss her posts over at Blue Moon River Blog.

Tell me you could avoid buying this book? If you can....your nuts...plain and simple. Someone has to have the nerve to tell you the truth :)

I was sharing some of my experiences with Susan and she helped me to put some puzzle pieces together. I was telling her about a woman I met and I called her, "The Doll Lady" and about my experience meeting Heather Bailey. I had no idea these ladies were related nor that they are all related to Laura Gunn. No wonder I had such great experiences with all of these ladies....they are all in the same family and all have this tremendous creative and energetic aura about them.

I would not be surprised one bit if someone said they were also related to Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mably, Luella Doss and Drew Berrymore(the actress). I think the seven of those folks need to go away together for a week holiday someplace and have a ball. Some TV people could go and video the entire experience and show us some "much more interesting" reality TV. What do you think? Get someone to do that for me/us....I would be in heaven :)

More about all of those folks later....but I wanted to say THANK YOU to Susan and tell everyone about her wonderful book, "applique petal party."

If you ever get the chance to hear Susan speak or do a workshop, don't miss it!!! Tell her Kelly sent you over and send her a hug for me too :)

Smiles,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I actually just ordered the autographed copy a couple of days ago and can't wait to receive it! I love applique and this looks like a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Lady lou......you are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, not all of us can do the "A" word!! It does not exist in my vocabulary when it come to quilting, but I'll check out her blog, so thanks for the link!! still reading.....
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...