Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, October 19, 2009

International Fall Quilt Market Houston 2009 & One VERY Talented Family

As I was telling you...Susan Brubaker Knapp educated me on the details of this family. All I knew is I was captivated by each of them individually and I had no idea they were related.


Meet elinor peace bailey. I met elinor walking into a schoolhouse class in Houston. Instantly I knew I liked her. I knew she was not wearing a costume....these are her clothing and she loves dolls. Her earrings were dolls too. This is the kind of lady who is not waiting to wear purple. Her genuine smile was wonderful. She let me take her picture and said I could post it to my blog too. She didn't even know me!! People all around her smiled when they saw her. I think it is an amazing gift to make people smile by just walking into a room....especially when you are over 3 years old.

The next day, I met Heather Bailey.


She is holding one of the stuffies from her pattern. These are photos of her booth.




Yes...did you see that too...bottom right of photo...Dove!! This girl has taste :)




These are her shopping bags...the pattern is due out...but I don't remember when. You know I'll be making these beauties.

The unfold like this and then you have a bag to carry all your doo dah around...like groceries, books, etc.

These are her "Trash Ties" hair ties. How smart is she? Don't answer that....she's got it goin on!!!

Ok....back to the beginning.... I go walking by and I see this really neat gal standing there having her photo taken with fun folks from AU. She smiles and lets them take her photo. I'm from OH and don't think I didn't jump right in and ask for one of me with Heather too. You know I did.

I was so taken with this young lady. Look at everything in this booth....everything from baby toys, shopping bags, stuffed fruit, clothing, pin cushions to stuffies....and "trash ties" for your hair.

Have you ever spent time with someone and walked away feeling great and a little of their energy stays with you? That is how I felt....I admire her ability to allow her creativity to flow so naturally into what ever she wants to do....doesn't seem like she edits herself creatively ....she just lets it out....and here it is...can you imagine what else is inside this gal? I want to see more :)

Then later I walk by another booth....I get that same Wow feeling....it was Laura Gunn's booth. Laura is an artist and her fabric line, "Lantern Bloom" with Michael Miller is coming out soon.


Come to find out, Laura is elinor's daughter and Heather is her daughter in law. Wow....I can't imagine what elinor's son does....surrounded by these amazing ladies. All I have to say is he better be able to cut and paste and color a little anyway.
No wonder I was feeling so good....these gals sure could chase away the winter blues. Instead of Dr's prescribing antidepressants they need to prescribe a few days away with elinor, Laura and Heather....that would make even the darkest of people feel much lighter and happier.
Big Grateful Smiles,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had such a wonderful time in Houston...I'm positively green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so much talent. I really like the fabric Heather used for her items and the Lantern Bloom fabric too, very exciting. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elinor made me smile too, and Heather's things are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...