Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mary Lee Grabowski Does it AGAIN!!

Last night at the Black Swamp Quilt Guild Meeting we had a Garage Sale and Pot Luck along with our meeting.  (Why isn't there a pot luck with every guild meeting?) More about those details after the photos of Mary Lee's Art Quilts.
I've posted about Mary Lee before, so for those of you who don't know (or remember :)....this is Mary Lee.....Mary Lee....meet the IHAN blog clan.

Tell me you cannot look at this quilt and hold back a cheerful feeling and a smile.  If you can honestly do this, take your Prozac toot sweet or check into Electric Shock Therapy
The challenge was to use tulle and I tried to take a photo so you could see the tulle...I hope this one works and you can see it. 
If the first one did not grab you....this one will for sure!!!  Apparently it grabbed me so hard that I took at least 6 more photos and decided I did not "need" to share them all with you. I do get carried away, often!!!
Posted by Picasa


The best part of Mary Lee's "work" is her attitude.  She is a "who cares if you follow the rules" type of gal.  We have a few of those free spirits in our guild.....I aim to become one of them. 

"Just make it work and hack it off" was said -out loud- last night by an un-named free spirited quilter.  Can I get a Whoooo Hooooo out there?



If only I had my video camera with me last night.  The closest I could get to what "really" (a lie) happened last night after the "hack it off and make it work comment" is this youtube video.  The colors were Orange and Brown and the gals in the group made the shapes of sewing machines and quilts as we all whooooped it up.  You never know what kind of fun we will have at a guild meeting :)

Whooped Up Smiles,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. i wanna quilt like a Grabowski! I *LOVE* the second one!!!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mary! She is the best:) When I first joined she took me in and made me feel so good I hope to quilt as good as her someday:) Thanks for posting the pictures. Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...