Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Vicki Jones' Amazing Hand Quilting

Last week at our Applique Group meeting Vicki Jones (OH) brought in her finished quilt to show.  All eyes were on the quilt and some very talented ladies were saying to me...."wait until you see this....you want to talk about perfection". 


This was all hand quilted, needle up.....needle down (stabbing) not the rocking method.  Look how absolutely beautiful and even those stitches are.  The flowers were all hand embroidered.

Do you know how glad I was that I did not miss that meeting?  Oh wow....Vicki is a very talented lady and her quilt is a heirloom that will be enjoyed for many generations.

Grateful Smiles,
Kelly

11 comments:

  1. I'd love to believe we could all such beautiful work, but what I really believe is that such talent is a gift like a great voice or athletic ability. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored to know Vicki personally. I realize she is capable of such lovely work, but to actually see it..... wow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing quilt! Thanks for showing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...amazing piece of work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an amazing quilt! A work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work makes me proud to be a quilter. I know of the difficulty in using the stab method. Due to a shoulder and wrist injury I have limited rotation in my arm and I use the same method. It took a while to get it right, but it was worth it in the long run. That's why we quilt more things on the machine than by hand, because otherwise they'd never get done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! Vicki is a very talented lady.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome quilts:) WOW, such works of art. Thanks for sharing:) I love to hand quilt, but I'm just a beginner:) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see such detailed work--This stabbing method is what I saw old "Granny Cummings" and her friends do on the quilting frame in my aunt's spare bedroom--ooh, those pricked fingers and small dots of blood that quickly went to their mouths. I use this method but only on small wallhangings--what patience and talent to sit with and create this big quilt! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...