Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Loving and Nurturing Day To You!!



Everyone already knows I'm an odd bird....and I'm OK with that :) So I know you will understand when I wish you a Happy Loving and Nurturing Day instead of a Happy Mother's Day.  I would wish you a Happy Mother's Day,  but many readers may not be Mother's and then there are those who did not get from their Mother's what they needed so it makes Mother's Day uncomfortable or unpleasant.  I'm truly grateful you are all here so I thank your Mother and Fathers for having you no matter what the circumstances. 

I want to honor the loving, nurturing and caring spirit within each and every one of you.....Happy Loving and Nurturing Day to you!!  I hope each and every one of you are taking the best and  most loving and nurturing care of yourselves as possible no matter what your life experience is at this time in your life.

Take this day to be good to yourself and those you love.....and I'll do the same. 

Odd Bird Smiles,
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Thanks Kelly, I am not a mother (obviously) ...but I did learn to be nurturing and loving from my mother. I was (and am) very lucky to have the type of mother that is always there when I need her but can be out of the way when I need that too.

    Thank you for remembering everyone in your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly, so far the day is fabulous!

    And to you as well: Happy Loving and Nurturing Day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! I hope your "co-workers" are all well and make the day special for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing I can say that would be any better than your words are. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful day too Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! Mother's Day can be hard for so many so you version is much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for pointing out that this day encompasses (hope your bloggers don't need to know how to spell) so much more than just being or having a great mother.

    You have taken the time to recognize everyone. And knowing you for all the wonderful things you do and are, I want to say you are so genuine and thoughtful. This comes through in your blog and your life.

    I am blessed to know and love you and so are those that touch your life, even if they don't recognize or know it. I do!

    Happy Every Day and Moment to you Kelly.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet and so right...I have several friends that were not able tohave kids...and this day is very hard for them....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your version better. I think holidays like this are hard on a lot of people and seeing other's celebrate, doesn't seem fair. I hope you have a wonderful day, for whatever reason;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sentiments are very wonderfully expressed as there are many for whom Mother's Day holds a lot of pain...for many reasons (a child who was lost or never able to have a child...or maybe the reasons you mentioned). I hope you had a wonderful day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful thing to do. I'm having a great day because I received calls from both of my daughters -- and received flowers from my DH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your difference! You're not odd at all. I'm a mother but my child is very different. And, oh, how I love her even though at times it is difficult. I let go and let God long ago and now my only blessing is to love her. Thank you for your loving, nuturing self. That is the nicest expression I've ever heard on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, I love your reasoning for the name of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...