Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Laura Murray Designs "Star Builder" is what I bought at Quilt Market in Houston

People keep asking me what I bought for myself while in Houston. I've been sick since getting home and I've tried to keep up but I think I would have to post 3 - 4 times a day to catch up to the present.

Laura Murray's book, "Star Builder Inspirations," was definitely on my list of must haves at Market. I bought the book and the Star Builder "Sirius" & Star Builder "2." These last two items are rubbing plates or rubber stamps for transferring Paintstiks onto fabric.

This was the banner for Laura Murray's Designs in Houston, 2009.
Laura was kind enough to spend some time demonstrating how she uses her templates and rubber stamps (used as rubbing plates as well). Again....I caught her mid sentence so the photo did not capture anything close to how I experienced Laura. So....again....I "borrowed" a better likeness of her so you will recognize this amazing lady if you get to meet her.

This is how the rubbings on fabric are cut out and then orientated to create a star. Her book, "Star Builder Inspirations" has several ideas for making and placing these templates to make a variety of different stars and designs.

You will just have to click over to Laura's site to see her fantastic photos. I found the materials exciting and definitely worth my hard earned money. She also has some wonderful free instructions for foil and Paintstiks.
Smiles,
Kelly

1 comment:

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...