Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Theresa Pulido Author of "hook, loop & lock" was in Houston for Quilt Market

This is my first official collage....if this actually shows up on my post. I can't believe it....truthfully....I can't. This is not how I intended to tell you about meeting Theresa....but this is how I'm gonna do it because it is to pretty to remove at this time. Raise a glass of bubbly for me!!!

This very pretty and friendly lady below is Theresa Pulido.  I met her in Houston at Quilt Market.  She was sitting at a table working on a project and it looked interesting to me so I walked up and asked her what she was doing.  She told me it was locker hooking and she showed me how she was using her fabric and needle to create a really neat placemat. 


Posted by Picasa
I had no idea she was there to do a Schoolhouse presentation and that she had just published her new book, "hook, loop & lock." 

Theresa took the time to show me the things she had brought from home to show at Market.  She was so friendly and cheerful.....you know how much I love people who are friendly and cheerful :)  Lucky for me I got a copy of her book.  Unlucky for you because she signed it and put my name in it.  I know many of you are crying right now....but I'm friendly and I'll share (but you have to come to my house!!!).

Locker hooking requires the use of a locker hook (looks like a long crochet hook with an eye on the end), locking medium (any strong cotton twine/cording), pre-cut fabric or plastic strips and rug canvas.


Theresa has made some absolutely beautiful bracelets using silk.  She gives you the directions to make placemats, coasters, rugs, pillows, wall hangings, gift bags, Easter baskets, totes and many other fun things in her book, "hook, loop & lock."  You can use printed cotton fabric (anyone have any of that hanging out at their house?), batik, wool and even plastic!!!  The strips Theresa uses are 1 inch, 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch strips.  This looks like a great stash buster for sure. 


Smiles,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Wow it is so interesting how creative some of these gals are. I am amazed at all the new things that are coming into the quilting market.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...