Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quick Points Ruler purchased in Houston at International Quilt Market

Meet Janet Platt, designer of the Quick Points Ruler. I had the chance to meet Janet and her husband Brian at the MODA Customer Appreciation Dinner. We had some good laughs and enjoyed ourselves. Janet invited me to stop by her booth and see her ruler. I thought...Ok...cool....I'll stop by. I had no idea how very cool her "ruler" really is. I'm not much for prairie points myself but when I saw the Ric Rac....I went gah gah. Out came the visa....no questions asked. I am so impressed with how she has designed her ruler and the great uses it has.

Below are the You Tube videos Janet has taped demonstrating her Quick Points Ruler.







These are some photos I took of the Ric-Rac examples that I liked so much. I thought about it and there is no other tool I know of that I can do the same thing with....so I bought it. You can purchase Quick Points Rulers at I Have A Notion.
Smiles,
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. I've seen her give demonstrations of this amazing ruler at shows before. This is an amazing tool. While points may not be all that difficult to do the "old way", this tool really does make it so much easier & faster (no-brainer technique). I'm really happy to hear these rulers will be available via IHAN.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so which one(s) did you purchase? They are really cool! Not sure how much I would use them. Maybe a good idea for a quilt guild to purchase for all to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interseting. Love the ric rack too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Janet when she was here in Utah at our quilt festival. I love these rulers they are something else and she is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is amazingly easy looking thanks to her brilliant ruler!! I have to go tell everyone I know about your post so they can come here and read it and watch the videos!!! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure she is gonna sell many of these!

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...