Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fruit Flies? Yuck


I hate fruit flies....they are a real annoyance and getting rid of them has been difficult. I've tried spraying them....no go....putting out apple cider vinegar and that did not work. I'm able to catch only a few and they are still in my kitchen. So what does Kelly do to solve her problems? You got it....I Google it.

I found a solution and I'm so excited I thought I would share it with everyone else. I cut a piece of banana and put it in a bowl. I covered it with plastic wrap and poked holes in the top. The fruit flies go in....and don't come out too easily. I can approach the bowl with a magazine and cover the top. Then I take it outside and let them go. I think I've caught 50 today. Nasty little buggers....back outdoors where they belong.
Fruity Smiles,
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. They are a pain...but also bleach your drains in the kitchen...don't know why that helps but it has worked for me in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those pesky bugs. My husband's cousin hangs a plastic bag half filled with water in her doorways and windows. She swears it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...it's interesting hearing these different solutions. I don't have a problem with them, but my Mom does at her house. I told her to try keeping all her fruit in the fridge. She does that, and covers the rest under a dome. There seems to be less of a problem after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filth flies. Pleasant name, no? lol Defintely clean the drains and any nearby trash cans. Breeding areas. Here's the easiest way to deal with them: 1/4 cup of mouthwash on the counter. No fancy saran wrap hole punching. They drown in the open cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew!! I have read alot of posts on quilting blogs but never have I read about fruit flies!! You are too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to remember that! I hate those flies, too. Thank you so much for the solution!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...