Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Showing My Booty for Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose Cloth

Here I go again, showing my booty.

This is my booty. I wanted to make something with the Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose Cloth challenge because I was asking others to come up with something. When I picked up my cloth the first thing that popped into my head was a pair of booties. I think because the Multi-Purpose Cloth is soft, pliable and does not frey. This is what I used to make my booty.

I took a piece of art paper I had purchased at Hollander's in Ann Arbor, MI quite some time ago (I used to make boxes and journals). I cut out the Multi-Purpose Cloth and the art paper in the shape of my pattern and fused them together with Mistyfuse. Then I did a tight zig zag stitch around all the pieces of my booty. I really needed the Gingher Seam Rip
because all my other seam rips would not cut through the tightly woven threads of my zig zag stitch. I had to tear it out a few times in places because of "operator error." This is an excellent seam rip if you are considering getting one.

The other great tool was my GrabARoos. I used them to hold the pieces as I was stitching on the edge. I really struggled with holding onto those small pieces while trying to guide the piece under my needle. I put on my GrabARoo gloves and they allowed me to grip the piece without pulling it under the needle too quickly.
Photos of the other entries will be posted as soon as I have them all. There are a few folks who finished their challenge piece but have been having technical difficulty getting their photos to upload. We are in the process of getting those prepared and I'll upload them all at one time. There will be a viewers choice prize....so stay tuned so you can vote.
Smiles,
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Cute booty....

    I lost my seam ripper in this how somewhere....hummmm may have to order one from you.....I will go take a look see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute is that bootee, very creative indeed you clever crafter,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...that is just too cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Kelly, you did an incredible job. What a brilliant idea. I think the bootie would be great using the multi-purpose fabric. I love how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Those are cute! I may add a roc lon bottom to some of the knitted slippers I made for my daughter. Slick!

    I think I need Grabaroos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...