Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Toledo Needle Arts Guild "Get It Finished"

Our last meeting was the "Get It Finished" entries. I think Nikki Belitz had almost two entire tables full. Her work was not only beautiful but very festive. She loves Halloween and she allowed me to photograph some of her Punchneedle to share with you on my blog. I hope to get the pattern authors correct here:



The first two, Autumn Gathering Bags are from Stone and Thread.

This is Two Birds on a Branch Pincushion by Kindred Spirits Designs.

This is Boo Kitty by Theresa Kogut Inc. Theresa happens to be in our guild too. You have to check out her site...she is a very talented artist. I love the frame on this one too. Nikki really finishes her work beautifully.

Meet Wacky Witch by Pine Mountain Designs. Now this is what I call a celebration of Halloween :)

Night Watch by Threads That Bind. The colors in this piece really pop. Nikki does a great job of mixing her threads too.

Mini Pumpkins was designed by Barb Kemp of Hooked on Rugs. I just so happen to have Barbara's book, Punchneedle Embroidery, on the front of my website too. She has some wonderful designs.

This one is Harvest Home by Pine Mountain Needle Works.

Star Pumpkin is a Chessie & Me pattern by Linda Lautenschlager. I'm working on putting her link in here. When I hear back from her, I'll add the link.

Cat in the Jack is the title of this one. It is by Brenda at Country Stitches. Brenda has a blog that is fun too.

Every one of these were done by Nikki....isn't that amazing? For me it is. I'm hoping she enters these in our Needle Work Exhibit on Sept. 25th and 26th. Otherwise I'll finish up some of mine and people will have a shabby impression of how wonderful Punchneedle Embroidery can be. She has so many more that I did not post.
Nikki, Thank You so much for sharing your beautiful work with everyone. I love to show other people's work because I believe it inspires others to try something new and/or inspires them to continue to create.
Smiles,
Kelly
PS....Starr....better get home from the lake...we have lots of lessons to get me up to speed :)

3 comments:

  1. wow, she has been busy, I truly loved seeing them all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are really amazing Kelly, thank you so much for sharing the photos! I am really enjoying my visit to your blog, it is so beautiful and inspiring!!
    Thank you so much for leaving your lovely comment on my blog and for your lovely post about my giveaway! Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a fabulous collection.. Love them all
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...