Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Gathering of Quilters Guild

This past Thursday evening was The Gathering of Quilters Guild Meeting. It was a potluck meeting. I wish every meeting was a potluck meeting. There sure were some excellent dishes and lots and lots of deserts. Good food, good company, quilt talk....couldn't ask for much more....other than my girlfriend Rosemary.....I'm sure she could ask for more....like that I get gas before I agree to drive!

Garnett Smalley, owner of Cotton-by-Post (Alisa Craig, Ontario Canada) was the speaker for the evening. He brought several Irish Quilts to show/tease us with before his show. He also shared a bit about his previous shows from Africa and Russia.


This is the information about the show:

October 19-24th are the dates of the show and there are many classes being offered as well.

Photos below are from his show/tease at the guild meeting. Thank you Garnett for your permission to publish these photos!!!





There was a description and story that goes with each piece. I did not take notes or get the details of each of the stories. I'll just tell you that they were interesting and enjoyable to hear. The last one I remember .... this piece represents fish crates....this is what that person sees in their part of Ireland...lots of fishing crates. I thought it was really neat. I think Garnet said it has fishing net on it too.

I hope you have enjoyed this little tour....

Smiles,
Kelly













1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful quilts. Wish I could see this show. Looks delightful.

    Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...